- The Fund was established in 1939 in memory of Dr. James E. Newcomb by a bequest of $504 from the Estate of James E. Newcomb.
- To establish an award to be given annually to a Fellow of the Association as a mark of recognition and esteem for services to the Association, or for outstanding contributions and accomplishments in the field of Laryngology and Rhinology.
1. A Committee, known as The Newcomb Award Committee, shall be appointed annually by the President. The committee shall submit its recommendation to the Council by a date designated by the Secretary and prior to the Winter Council Meeting.
2. The Committee shall consist of Three (3) Fellows, no members of the Council.
3. Fellows may suggest candidates for the Award to the Secretary.
4. The Committee shall report to the Secretary.
5. The Council alone shall make the selection for the award.
6. The Award shall be presented at the Annual Banquet.
7. Income from the Fund shall be used for expenses connected with the Award.